Welcome to APP: The Alkulana Peer Program
APP is an Alkulana youth development program that operates during the school-year to support former campers.
Program Participants will explore:
- Fun!: We’re camp people, it’s in our DNA!
- Life Skills: Adulthood is coming fast! Let’s get ready for the days ahead. Let’s talk about our strengths, callings, challenges, and the ways we can contribute to the world around us.
- Relationships: It takes a village, right? Let’s be a village! Let’s practice being the kind of neighbors that Jesus talks about.
- Spiritual Formation: How and where do you see God in your life? How does that shape and inform who you are, who you are becoming, and what you do?
- Leadership Development: Who you choose to be matters. It matters to the world and the people in it! How might God be inviting you to nurture and care for the world and its people?
Who we are and what we do:
APP is made up of two different sub-groups.
AAA- Active Alkulana Alums
A group of 14-16 year olds who share in monthly events. From retreats out at camp to Game Nights and Murder Mystery Dinners right here in RVA, this group knows how to have FUN! But it isn’t only fun and games! We explore how and where we see God in our lives, who God is calling us to be, and we try to offer each other real support for the challenge of being a teenager.
LIT- Leaders in Training
A group of High School Juniors and Seniors who share in monthly events with AAA’s and an additional monthly gathering just for L.I.T.s. We make dinner together and talk topics like: college, communication, time-management, jobs, relationships.
2016-2017 Program Coordinators: