Principle Function: The Camper & Family Liaison will perform administrative duties related to recruiting and registering campers for the summer camp program and direct the Alkulana Peer Program (APP), a year round program. The position is located in Richmond, Virginia.
Status: Part-time, Hourly ($14 an hour)
Supervisor: This position reports to the Camp Alkulana Director.
- Work up to twenty (20) hours per week with a schedule approved by the Camp Alkulana Director. These hours will include consistent hours at the RCFN office in Richmond during the week, Monday through Thursday, and occasional weekend and evening hours related to camper transportation and APP events.
- Manage the registration process for the Camp Alkulana summer program:
- Recruit and register children and youth for camp sessions through established partner agencies and word-of-mouth referrals; promptly field camp-related inquiries; and follow up with campers and families from previous summers to encourage their return to camp;
- Coordinate and host an event in May for free medical physicals for enrolled campers;
- Receive and review camp registration documents and fees through our online registration system, compiling and organizing camper data in an organized and consistent manner;
- Provide support and guidance for families through in-person conversations and phone calls;
- Coordinate camper transportation to and from camp with charter bus company, and supervise camper sign-in and sign-out in adherence with ACA procedural standards; and,
- Follow up after the camp session by: contacting and informing parents of items left at the RCFN, preparing and mailing counselor/camper letters by the end of the summer, and following up with campers and families about any concerns from the summer.
- Direct Camp Alkulana’s community program(s) in Richmond during the school year:
- Manage the Alkulana Peer Program by planning and executing monthly enrichment events between September and April;
- Coordinate and communicate with parents about camper participation;
- Supervise and work together with intern(s) on their tasks related to community programs;
- Plan additional events for other camper cohorts as determined by Camp Director.
- Assist the Camp Director in other administrative and managerial tasks as needed. These may include, but are not limited to: mailings, database management, public speaking opportunities, and fundraising.
- Communicate effectively with Camp Alkulana Director
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate skills and experience
- Experience or education in social work, education, ministry, human services, or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability and competency in working with the public
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with computer systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel, email and social media outlets
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include your full name in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted through December 10th. Anticipated position start date is mid-January.